This is a great article from Entrepreneur.com which tells you reason on why creating a social media calendar would be advantageous to your marketing strategy. I believe the idea fostering interaction with your followers is the best reason of all. Read more.
Whether you are starting a new business or managing an established business there are certain aspects of social media that should be considered for marketing. If the thought of tweeting is being contemplated…what do you have to lose? Go for it!
TOP 5 APPEALING ASPECTS ABOUT TWITTER:
- Easy to find people with common interests. If you are looking to market a business or an idea, it really is easy to follow or be followed by those with common interests. Search tweets and profiles using keywords. For example, if you are interested in baseball, you will be able to search the word “baseball” and find real people who are involved in the discussion of baseball, in real time. This task would be far more difficult if you are not participating in Twitter.
- Emotional Connection. Overtime, following or being followed by those with common interests builds an emotional connection and possibly even trust.
- Straightforward. It’s true that most things you find on the internet are of opinion, but with a maximum of 140 characters, you don’t have time to beat around the bush. Twitter is straightforward.
- Provides opportunity for market research. As a business, you have the ability to ask your current clientele their opinions on how to improve your service and the feedback is almost instant.
- Brings you closer to the competition. The ability to hear, first hand, how the competition connects to the public is helpful in building your market strategy. With the click of a button, you can read their Twitter feed.
Those are Lof8′s top reasons of being in favor of Twitter. However, feel free to read the articles below and decide for yourself.
GOOD READS ON TWITTER:
What Followers can do for your SMB company:
Survey: How small and medium-sized businesses benefit from their Twitter presence by Tim Perzyk (@tperzyk)
Don’t “get” Twitter? Then, read this:
10 Things Twitter is Great for by Deborah Shane ()
Twitter is a shortcut to help you understand through those who truly understand:
You should use Twitter Because It Makes Everyone As Smart As Anyone -by Josh Constine (@joshconstine)